General Practice of Law
At Matuszewich, Kelly & McKeever, LLP, our attorneys will listen to you, guide you and work with you to help you achieve your goals.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT TRAINING
A 2 1/2 Hour Seminar
Elected and Appointed Local Government Officials
What are Your Duties and Responsibilities and Potential Penalties?
Matuszewich Kelly & McKeever LLP
(Local Government Attorneys with over 40 years of experience)
When: April 30, 2014 ~ 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. (8:30-8:45 Registration, coffee and pastries)
Where: BARRINGTON BANK & TRUST CO., N.A. A WINTRUST COMMUNITY BANK 217 S. Hough Street, 2nd Floor Barrington, Illinois 60010
Cost: Complimentary ~ Reservations are required
Topics to be covered:
- Welcoming remarks by Lewis F. Matuszewich of Matuszewich Kelly & McKeever, LLP
- Concealed Carry and issues with Bidding on Contracts. James P. Kelly of Matuszewich, Kelly & McKeever, LLP
- What you really NEED to know about the issues raised concerning Medical Marijuana and ongoing problems with the Open Meetings Act. Maura K. McKeever of Matuszewich, Kelly & McKeever, LLP
- Yes they will approve a $25,000,000 bond issue. Steve Barrett, current board trustee and former Chair of the McHenry County Conservation District and former Village President of the Village of Trout Valley
- Freedom of Information Act and Data Security. Janet Byrne Thabit of Matuszewich, Kelly & McKeever, LLP
- Do we really need financial reports? What are the requirements for financial reporting and what are the officials’ roles? Cheryden Juergensen, CPA and partner with Eder, Casella & Co.
- Governmental Financing Alternatives and Process. Steve Trout of Wintrust Governmental Funds
- Public Fund Requirements. John Haniotes, Community Banker of Barrington Bank & Trust Company
Call (815) 459-3120 or email RSVP@mkm-law.com to reserve your place. Space is limited. www.mkm-law.com
Please use street parking & Village Parking Lot @ NWest corner of Hough & Station Sts. across from Village Hall & Starbucks
BEWARE of calls from scammers claiming to be from the IRS
The IRS is warning consumers of phone scams involving aggressive callers who claim to be with the IRS. Click here for more information.
Estate Planning Topic of the Month
Pet Trusts - What to Consider